The Top Ten for this week is 10 Things You Love/Hate About Valentine’s Day! I honestly don’t particularly overly love or overly hate Valentine’s Day–it just is what it is–so I will do five of each…
- LOVE seeing all the fresh flowers everywhere…when I was growing up my dad sent flowers to my mom and I every year on Valentine’s Day…a daughter could not ask for a sweeter dad. I also get carnations every year from my students (our school sells them as a fundraiser)…so cute!
- LOVE Reese’s peanut butter hearts…they used to only have these at Easter as eggs now they have them for other holidays, too–one of my all time favorite candies!
- LOVE all the chick-flicks and romantic comedies that play on tv around Valentines Day.
- LOVE picking out a cute card for my hubby every year…I always try to find one that has a very specific meaning for us.
- LOVE the day after sale on candy!
- DISLIKE all the lines at stores right before Valentine’s Day…never try to grocery shop the night of Feb. 13th–ugh!
- DISLIKE the cheesy, waste of money gifts…various stuffed animals, balloons, etc.
- DISLIKE the huge mark-up on flowers surrounding Feb. 14th.
- DISLIKE the tastes-like-chalk-in-your-mouth conversation hearts…who eats those things anyway??
- Couldn’t think of another dislike but I though of another LOVE–love getting to have a jeans day at work for Valentine’s parties!