A friend asked me to post a recipe that I served recently at book club so here you go!
My mom has been making this cheeseball for years, but I am not sure where she originally got the recipe. My family always serves this at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other assorted family gatherings.
1 package of dry Italian dressing seasoning mix
1 box of cream cheese
1 small container of small curd cottage cheese
1. Let cream cheese soften on counter.
2. Add cream cheese and cottage cheese to mixing bowl and mix on med-high until well blended.
3. Add seasoning packet and mix on medium until well blended.
4. Chill in fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
5. Serve with your favorite crackers.
- The pictures above shows a double batch of cheeseball being made.
- My mom forms her cheeseball mixture in a ball in wax paper, chills, then rolls in chopped pecans before serving. I don’t like pecans, so I skip this step.
- The cheeseball will only form a ball if you don’t use the low and non fat varieties of cream cheese and cottage cheese. I always use low fat or nonfat, so I have to serve it in a bowl, not as a ball.
- Chilling the cheeseball for several hours or even overnight will help the flavor be much better.
- Occasionally I throw in some crushed red pepper or ranch seasoning, as the mood strikes. Just sprinkle it in at the same time as the seasoning packet, if you so desire.