Bibliophilia is the love of books. That would make me a bibliophile, because I am indeed a lover of books. Fiction, non-fiction, kids books, pop-up books–you name it and I probably like it. Or will at least give it a go. I have a vast array of interest when it comes to books and I am always looking for the next good book.
Oh, and when I say I love books, don’t underestimate that statement. We are in the 5th month of 2009 and I have read over 25 books (non-required…as in, not including ones I have had to read for school) this year. I am thinking this is probably above the national average. In fact, I just googled it and according to the Washington Post a 2007 survey indicated that 1 in 4 people went the whole year without finishing a book. That’s really sad.
So here are few I have read this year…
- Bold, Fresh Piece of Humanity by Bill O’reilly
- Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ by John Piper
- Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper
- The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer
- Unlock the Einstein Inside by Ken Gibson
- The Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer
- The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers
- Maximum Ride by James Patterson
- Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
- Sunrise Song by Catherine Palmer
- The Heart’s Treasure by Catherine Palmer
Right now, I have 3 new books (well, new to me) on my nightstand…
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
- Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
What do you like to read? Any recommendations?